SELLING? IGNORING THESE 5 THINGS COULD COST YOU THOUSANDS...
Is your home currently on the market? Expecting to get top Euro?
Buyers are on the hunt to purchase the best their budget can get them right now. They don’t want to stretch themselves to their maximum limit, if there are items in the property that will need fixing or repairing. They may not tell you they’re going to make you a cheeky offer to compensate, but any repairs that need to be seen to, will reflect in their offer, like it or not.
Make sure you pay attention to these 5 things, or they could end up costing you thousands!
1. Repair any significant deficiencies. Buyers and their agents tend to drastically overestimate the repair costs and often use any necessary repairs as a leverage tool for negotiating a lower price.
2. Rearrange furniture to create more space. If you’re selling your property “fully furnished,” buyers will be looking closely at what you’re offering, so if it’s looking a little worse for wear, consider removing it from the room completely, or strategically covering any imperfections.
3. Dirty laundry is for social media, not the floors, or even hampers - Wash laundry daily and don't allow it to accumulate while your home is on the market. Buyers are like detectives! If they see you don’t care about the simple homely tasks, they’ll assume you don’t care about the major ones. They will interpret this to negligence for any home repairs, and use this against you when it’s time to negotiate.
4. Emphasize windows and natural light - Clean, repair, or replace blinds or curtains and make sure they are always open during viewings. If the room is dark… what are you hiding?
5. Keep it cool - Turn on your air conditioning during viewings. This will prove to a buyer that your machines are in working order AND it will encourage them to stay longer and have a lasting look around.
For more tips on achieving the most amount of money for your home sale, head to www.80ThingsReport.com for a list of the 80 things you can’t afford to neglect when selling your home!