5 Things To Avoid, When Selling Your Home!
If your property is currently on the market or you’ll be ready to start the process once isolation is over, before you start showing your home, take note of these 5 things to avoid:
1. One subject that is always avoidable, is talking about the price of the home. Making a comment like, “we know we’re on the high side, but we’re not in any hurry to sell,” will most certainly turn a potential buyer off.
2. Features and upgrades are not all welcomed in the same way, so don’t be eager to talk about them as soon as your buyer walks through your door. What you believe to be an upgrade, may not be classed as one at all, in your buyer’s eyes!
3. Nosey neighbours! If you don’t know who your nosey neighbour is, then you must be it! I like to think of this as being a positive, but again, it can turn buyers off, especially if they think someone could be watching their every move. So don’t feel it necessary to point out where the “curious” neighbours reside!
4. Another avoidable subject is location. Not every home is in a highly desirable area, so don’t highlight this fact. Not every buyer will like your location. Just because you like being close to the shops, or bars and restaurants, doesn’t mean everyone else will.
5. Go easy on the buyer. Don’t overpower them. Let them have a leisurely look around, instead of creating a whirlwind as you whisk them through room after room.
You don’t want your buyer running away from your home faster than the running of the bulls in Pamplona!
Ideally is to let your Real Estate Agent do the showing for you! Selling? Enjoy the journey!
Need help selling your property? Contact me today on 966 718 392 to set up an immediate “virtual appointment,” with live video chat