1. If you’re family has extended, or maybe you’re extended family have moved in… Either way, if you’re struggling to fit everyone everywhere, then now is the time to look for a new nest. Yes, you’ve tried hard to accommodate the whole family and the children are all sharing rooms, but wouldn’t you like just one extra bedroom or bathroom?
2. Maybe you’ve become a “pet parent,” and the need of a garden is more practical than a balcony. Pets are part of the family too, and they need space!
3. Working from home and need a separate home office? Tired of having to keep moving the computer around to accommodate your busy family life? Haven’t you dreamed of having your own space to work from quietly, peacefully… productively? If you’re continually battling between working from home and family life, having just one extra room or just a little more space would put an end to that everyday misery, once and for all.
4. Struggling for you to get around, and need to be closer to public transport or amenities? Can you imagine how easier life would be, if you relocated closer to the shops or a bus stop?
5. Are you so busy, you don’t have time to maintain all that space, and the very thought of downsizing makes you dream of those well earned relaxing days, just sitting down to read a book instead of tidying up the garden, and maintaining the swimming pool that you never use? Bigger, doesn’t mean better, for everyone! Smaller, can mean more manageable!
6. Maybe you’re now an “empty nester!” Children all grown up and moved out to be on their own, has left you with rooms that feel empty and unused. Downsizing could be your answer.
7. Renovating? You love a “project,” but there’s nothing left for you to do in your current home! You can overspend on home improvements. Waiting for the market to catch up with how much you’ve invested can take years, in some cases. Spend too much on upgrades, and you’ll find it hard to recuperate your money, when the time comes to sell. Easy solution… buy a new “project” and start all over again!
If you recognize yourself somewhere amongst these 7 telltale signs, then it’s time to start putting the wheels in motion and make the move. You’ll be making either a better family life, or better life for you and your family.
Need inspiration? Take a look at what’s on the market. You’ll never know what’s out there if you don’t look… your next home maybe cheaper and nearer than you think!