FIRST TIME BUYER? HERE’S 5 QUESTIONS YOU SHOULD BE ASKING!
5 Questions you should be asking your Real Estate Professional, if you’re a first time buyer in Spain:
1. Is it part of a community? Being part of a community means you’ll not only have rules to follow, but there will be additional charges too. The charges will cover maintenance costs for all shared communal areas, such as swimming pools, gardens, etc.
2. Does it have an existing mortgage? Mortgages need to be cleared at the time of completion or you’ll be taking on the existing debt.
3. Does it have a Habitation Certificate? If the property is not legal, you won’t ever obtain the Habitation Certificate.
4. How much is the Suma? Suma is equivalent to Council tax. It does vary greatly from area to area.
5. Would you buy this house? This is the perfect question to ask your agent! See how quickly they respond!
Ready to learn more about the home buying process in the Costa Blanca? Head to www.BuyMyHomeInSpain.com to download our complimentary Spanish Property Buying Guide for 2022.